We are searching for a UX research leader who can sustainably lead and mentor a team in our company related to UX research. Our UX Research team is setting up for the global diversity of human needs, which requires us to deeply understand the behaviors of the people behind them. UX researchers tackle some of the most complex questions and challenges to gain deeper insights into how people interact with each other. How is the world around them and work collaboratively to contribute new ideas to products that impact the experiences of billions of people on a global scale? We employ a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods to accomplish our goals, focus groups, including surveys, usability tests, field studies, and 1:1 interviews.
We value a diverse range of perspectives and stem from many different backgrounds, culturally, geographically, educationally, and philosophically. We come from academia and industry, with roots in design research, anthropology, HCI, economics, human factors, political science, market research, sociology, social computing, and social psychology, among others. We are looking for a UX Research Leader with communication, research, and people management skills.
You can also apply for IT jobs in USA or some other country. As we are here to inform you best IT jobs. For this information, you can visit our website or our Facebook page.
UX Research Leader Responsibilities
- Manage a research team that is large in complexity and/or size.
- Including other managers Manage completely independently.
- provide solutions to Identified problems.
- Set clear goals and expectations for team and individuals
- Communicate effectively and clearly across all organizational levels.
- Make staffing decisions based on business priorities, both long-term and short-term, as well as team motivation and strengths.
- Identify risks, shape team strategy, and prioritize opportunities.
- Identify gaps and solutions for future growth and scale within the organization and team, including product, system, partnership, function, culture, and/or organization opportunities.
- Responsible for the quality of the team, including coaching under-performing team members, and growing IC’s and managers.
- Building an inclusive and diverse environment across the team, model inclusive behaviors, and hold managers accountable.
- Give actionable and clear feedback on a timely basis.
- Partner with the recruiting team to help deliver the best talent.
- Drive team execution, process, and culture across the FB research community.
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by demonstrating and communicating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
- Mentor other managers (research or cross-functional) at their level or below, especially coaching first-time managers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent significant experience conducting UX research with meaningful business impact
- 18+ years of experience conducting and/or studying research
- 5+ years of experience directly coaching, managing, and developing full-time researchers
- Experience directly managing across different research methodologies
- Experience conducting primary research (either quantitative or qualitative ) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing, and reporting out data)
- Experience building teams over time through growing, hiring, and retaining high-performing researchers
- Experience setting and building research strategy that connects with business strategy
- Experience work with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders and peers (e.g., data scientists, product managers, engineers, designers, policy, marketing communications,)
- Graduate degree
- 5+ years of UX research experience
- Experience with consumer insights, consumer products, or product development
- 1+ years experience managing managers