Did you realise? Our biggest priority is your career! An IT recruitment platform provides expert advice and fascinating IT career possibilities for certain skill sets. Itjobsupdate.com is the only website where you can search for IT and new technology jobs. The job listings on Itjobsupdate.com are updated every day to provide you the best chance of discovering an IT profession that exactly matches your profile and career interests. There is an availability of a Systems Developer Job In Winnipeg, Canada.
- Systems Developer Job In Winnipeg, Canada (2 Positions)
- Regular / Full-Time
- Strategic Services and Public Affairs
- Information Technology Department
- Advertisement # 39315
- Closing Date: July 27, 2022
- Salary Range: $67,993.00 – $80,229.00 per year (6XI)
The province’s gaming, cannabis, liquor, and horse racing businesses are governed by the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA). We issue licenses for horse racing, retail cannabis stores, gaming workers, gaming products, and manufacturing services and operations. By regulating these industries in a courteous, objective, and fair way, we aim to serve the public interest.
The LGCA is looking for two highly motivated people to support system development operations in the Strategic Services and Public Affairs Unit’s Information Technology Department.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the full qualifications may be considered for a development opportunity.
The chosen applicant must possess:
- A postsecondary diploma, especially in computer science or a closely related field. Consideration may also be given to an equivalent combination of education, training, and considerable job experience.
- Ideally on an n-tier design leveraging web services, and at least three to five years of expertise in creating, implementing, and supporting sophisticated business system solutions.
- Understanding of developing technologies as well as knowledge of or experience with diverse software development processes and architectures.
- Extensive knowledge of data analytics, database modelling, and creating data access layer processes for SQL Server or another relational product.
- Knowledge of gathering requirements from end users, completing analyses, translating business processes into workable designs, and putting solutions into practise.
- Knowledge of organising and managing system testing, integration, and software release automation.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking abilities to assess, grasp, and solve problems efficiently.
- shown correctness, accuracy, and the ability to make decisions in order to deliver high-quality products.
- To design, implement, and support IT initiatives and operational goals, you need strong organisational, project management, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities, with the capacity to engage with stakeholders outside the business as well as at different levels within it.
The following credentials are preferred:
- IIS website administration and Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure upkeep.
- French proficiency is necessary.
Note: Your resume and cover letter must make it apparent how you meet the requirements.
- The System Developer is in charge of offering the LGCA technological business solutions and support.
- To assist the LGCA in achieving its aims and objectives, this comprises consulting on the creation of business applications, data analysis, and reporting.
- In order to support this action, the incumbent will carry out all activities and duties associated with the application development life cycle.
- Similar positions may be adde to an eligibility list that will exist for 12 months.
- A screening/selection essay may be aske of applicants.
- The ability to work legally in
- There may be situations where the competition is require.
- A good attendance history will be taken into account during the screening process.
- Satisfactory work performance during the past year is
- It is necessary to produce and maintain an acceptable criminal background check that is validate by fingerprints.
- The capacity to occasionally work erratic hours on weekends and in the evenings.
- 90 percent of the time is spent working at a sit-stand desk on a computer for this task.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Long-term disability insurance,
- Group life insurance,
- Dental care,
- Vision care,
- Extended health care,
- Health spending accounts,
- Maternity leave top-up, family-related leave,
- and a defined benefit pension plan are all part of the LGCA’s complete compensation and benefits package (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
- Additionally, the LGCA offers free parking and ergonomic workplaces.
- There are additionally options for training, educational support, and professional growth.
- Publicity No. 39315
- Manitoba’s Liquor, Gaming, and Cannabis Authority
- Humans Resources
- Milt Stegall Drive, 1055
- R3G 0Z6 Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Fax: 204-927-5384
Note: In the subject line of your email, please provide your name and the advertisement number.
Please provide all documents—including your cover letter, résumé, and any others—in PDF format. The LGCA does not accept PDF documents in place of.zip files, links to Google Docs, Dropbox, or any other cloud-based storage system.
During the hiring process, LGCA will communicate with each applicant who requests a reasonable accommodation to ensure that the accommodation meets their specific accessibility requirements.
A selection factor is employment equity. If an applicant belongs to one of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, or people with disabilities, they must mention it in their covering letter or resume.
We appreciate everyone who applied, but let them know that only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted.
To discover more about the Liquor, Gaming, and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba, go to LGCAmb.ca