Are you excited about working with cutting-edge technology and owning design and engineering on projects that are central to our customer mission? Join BAE Systems as a System Solution Architect. We are looking for people with a strong focus on network infrastructure and security.
Employer. BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Closing date. 18 Aug 2022
Sector. Defence , Engineering, IT
Job Role. Security Engineer
Job Type. Permanent
System Solutions Architect
As a Solution Architect you will work with our customers to own and design solutions to their core mission applications, defining innovative solutions to problems, delivering them through robust delivery and engineering practices. To deliver capabilities that are not only essential to their business. , but they would love to use it. You will never be bored, no two projects will be the same, but you will bring your experience from other systems to every challenge to ensure our delivery and sustainable success.
You will enjoy working as part of a team, typically as the most senior technical person on a project working closely with other architects, engineers and business analysts to get the best out of the team. are doing, and allow everyone to contribute skills. You will be an excellent communicator to facilitate decision making for senior customer stakeholders internally and externally on your project and coordinate design activities with relevant teams.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that the solution meets its functional and non-functional requirements, and correctly applies the relevant technologies, processes and toolchains. You will need to ensure that these various components and subsystems work together technically and operationally from a customer mission perspective.
Your experience will cover software design, infrastructure, delivery methods and engineering practices. You won’t be expected to be an expert in all of them, but you should know enough about each to make informed decisions on the best course of action for each. You will be empowered to make decisions but will be part of a community of solutions architects and engineers to bounce ideas off of and get reassurance where you need it.You will be flexible under pressure and able to handle multiple assignments independently, and importantly you will be able to carry out a loosely defined task and find a solution, implement it and repeat the process. Will enjoy using internal and external sources for The work is complete.
Not only will your team have a direct impact on the systems you work on, but you’ll be doing it for an organisation that has a huge impact on UK security.
You will have experience in the majority of the following:
- Clarify the requirements of the engineering teams needed to meet customer requirements.
- Develops specific solutions to meet customer requirements (and any derived/internal requirements)
- Awareness and application of security considerations (CIS Rigor, Security by Design, NCSC Principles)
- Awareness of cross-domain and cloud technologies
- Experience communicating and presenting with both internal and external parties, understanding, influencing needs and managing solution scope externally and internally.
- Ensuring that the design meets key functional and, in particular, non-functional requirements, to meet the solution’s lifecycle scenarios.
- Conceptualising and driving solution projects for complex bids and delivery engagements
- Formulating solution designs according to appropriate methodology
- Overseeing design implementation in collaboration with other team members such as application and security architects
- Customer technical authorities Working with to ensure they have a clear understanding of architecture and design proposals at an appropriate level.
- Working with engineering teams to promote good practice in engineering practices, such as development, automation and testing.
- Maintaining overall ownership of the solution through transition to bid, delivery, and operation to minimise potential solution costs and delivery times.
- Lead estimation efforts to develop an understanding of potential solution costs and delivery times.
- Take responsibility for specification, flow and acceptance of subsystem/component requirements to internal development teams.
- Own and manage technical and solution risks as well as work to mitigate and mitigate them.