Location: USA Only
Job Nature: Full-Time
Before describing the remote Staff Accountant, we will describe Branch Messenger. We are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of working Americans.
By facilitating payments and offering accessible and transparent financial services, we aim to help individuals achieve their financial goals.
As we work towards our mission, we value the contributions of our employees and strive to create an inclusive and innovative work environment.
We hold creativity and collaboration in high regard and always try to create a workspace where all team members feel good and easily share their ideas and work together to drive positive change.
Working alongside a team of skilled accounting and finance professionals, you will provide essential financial support to senior management and department leaders.
Your responsibilities will include performing various accounting processes, reconciliations, and financial analyses to assist with decision-making.
Working at Branch
At Branch, we believe that honesty, accountability, and trust are the cornerstones of a collaborative workplace culture and expect same from Staff Accountant.
Our success as a fintech company has been recognized through a series of prestigious awards, including the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, and Top Workplaces USA and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland.
We never tolerate discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Branch, we value all perspectives and believe our differences strengthen us.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
As part of the Accounting team at the Branch as a Staff Accountant, you will have the opportunity to support various financial processes and functions. Some of your responsibilities may include the following:
- Managing the accounts payable process and ensuring that payments are processed accurately and on time.
- Supporting the accounts receivable process and working with customers to resolve billing issues.
- Performing bank reconciliations and assisting with daily cash entries to ensure accurate and up-to-date financial records.
- Processing daily settlement files and monitoring transactions to identify and resolve any errors or discrepancies.
- Assisting with revenue recognition, payroll, and other accounting-related functions to ensure compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
- Supporting the month-end and year-end close process, including preparing journal entries and accruals and reconciling balance sheet accounts to ensure the accuracy and consistency of financial data.
- Support department and business leaders as needed and perform ad-hoc economic analyses and reviews as a Staff Accountant.
- Undertaking special projects as assigned and contributing to improving accounting processes and systems.
To be considered for the Staff Accountant position at Branch, you should meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university or college.
- Have at least 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience, with additional experience working at a high-growth fintech company being a plus.
- Possess a solid understanding of US GAAP and technical accounting principles.
- Have intermediate-level Excel skills with experience handling large amounts of data.
- Familiarity with Sage Intacct is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks.
As a Staff Accountant at Branch, you can receive various attractive benefits, which we believe reflect our commitment to our employees’ well-being, work-life balance, and professional growth. These benefits include:
- Ability to work remotely as part of a remote-first culture (domestic US).
- Coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance is paid for by Branch.
- Equity in the company is part of our compensation package.
- Access to a 401k retirement savings plan.
- Flexible time off to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Paid company holidays to celebrate and recharge.
- Paid parental leave to support new parents during a crucial time.
For Apply for the Staff Accountant Post apply through the button below.
For more Remote Jobs check our website, and also read these one also: