Solution Architect is to develop exciting leading-edge, innovative training solutions from the initial concept stage through to full rollout for our customers.
- Employer Raytheon UK
- Location United Kingdom-Harlow
- Salary Competitive
- Closing date 14 Sep 2022
- Recruiter Type Direct Employer
- Sector Defence , Engineering, IT
- Job Role Software Developer
- Job Type Permanent
Job Title: Solution Architect
Harlow, Gloucester or Manchester; Homework was also considered.
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in a technical leadership role. Solution Architect is to develop exciting leading-edge, innovative training solutions from the initial concept stage through to full rollout for our customers. Will have the opportunity to shape and influence growth practices while working closely with world-class partners and customers.
Explore, define and develop strategic architectures for complex software-based training systems implemented at an enterprise or organisational level.
- Own an architectural roadmap for training, considering the horizon required to meet current and future customer needs.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to ensure that architectural designs meet functional and non-functional requirements and align with broader architectural goals.
- Support Design Authority responsibilities for Raytheon UK’s training architecture and solutions, reporting to the Training Solutions Lead.
- Communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Key contributor and independent reviewer in enterprise-level architecture reviews
- Act as the technical focal point for training solutions.
- Personal development of key technical team leaders through coaching and mentoring
- Act as an authority on tool, process and environment selection.
- Stay abreast of relevant technology changes and contribute to applicable architecture roadmaps.
- Bring the technical context of the broader business into training solutions.
- Promote and share technical decisions and choices made with the wider business.
- Set architectural guard rails for training solutions.
The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience as a software / solution architect or technical lead on projects of significant size and complexity. You will have extensive expertise in most of the following areas:
- Designing digital training platforms for high availability, scale and flexibility.
- Using software design patterns, such as microservices, distributed systems, hexagonal architecture and big data platforms.
- Articulating complex designs for both technical and business stakeholders.
- Translating business results into technical practices.
- Influencing business and technical stakeholders to convey vision and propose ideas.
- Building productive working relationships with technical stakeholders
- Creating a high-level architectural roadmap
- Translating theoretical concepts into real-world design
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of data
- Experience working with Agile teams using SCRUM or Kanban.
Experience in the design of mixed technology delivery training solutions including: emulation, simulation, scenario building, immersion, mixed reality, with advanced effectiveness measurement methods.
- Experience building enterprise-level applications or services.
- Experience high performance distributed systems.
- Experience working within a safe delivery construct.
- Experience with data analytics and visualisation
- Experience in secure system design
A degree in a related STEM subject or equivalent industry experience is required.
Evidence of ongoing professional development
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a remote working practice as well as a presence at customer sites. Raytheon UK has invested in the development of a British workforce and UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs more than 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, innovation and technological advancement in its core mission areas of weapons and sensors, and cyber, space and training. supports
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It includes four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. These 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the cutting edge of leading science as it envisions and delivers solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. . The company, which was formed in 2020 through the combination of the Raytheon Company and United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources.
IT job in UK
For more information You can search our IT Jobs Update . We try to provide information about IT jobs to youth. Our vision is to provide equal opportunities for every young person to get a job in the IT sector to further expand the IT job sector in the UK.