Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Multiple (USA, Germany, UK, Lebanon)
Post Date: 5-2-22
At Siemens, we are continuously moving ourselves to build a superior future. Further, We want the most inventive and diverse Digital Minds to develop the upcoming reality. Discover more with regards to the Digital universe of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software engineers to join their CFD solver development team.
The essential focal point of the CFD solver team, a unit inside our Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) division, is the origination, plan, and development of core thermo-fluid flow solver abilities inside Siemens Digital Industries’ leader multi-physics simulation product, Sim center STAR-CCM+.
The CFD solver development team is answerable for developing accurate, robust, and efficient flow solvers for demonstrating complex industrial flows, for example, turbo machinery, external aerodynamics, and internal combustion engines. As a colleague, you will be relied upon to add to both the innovation and development of new features, as well as the improvement and maintenance of existing functionality. Your obligation will be to guarantee a very much planned, superior grade, robust implementation, effective activity, and great adaptability in our highly-parallel, client-server platform.
As a member of the CFD solver development team your specific responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of core CFD solver components in Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Eventually ensuring high-quality and robust implementation of core CFD solver components in Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Supporting maintenance and improvement of our existing capability (bug fixing, code refactoring, etc.)
- Conception, design, and development of new features based on requests from both executives and inner vital drives
- Participation in regularly scheduled team meetings and commitment of thoughts to drive advancement in our innovation
- Above all supporting other developers through design discussion and code review
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Candidates applying for this position are required to have the following skills and experience:
- A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in engineering or physical science discipline.
- At least have 2 years experience in commercial CFD software development, or 5 years experience in noncommercial CFD software development
- Expertise in implementing numerical methods for the solution of the Navier-Stokes equations
- Expert in numerical modeling of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic applications
- In Addition know about object-oriented C++ software development
- Further, Have experience in high-fidelity and high-performance parallel CFD algorithms on heterogeneous architectures, including GPGPUs
- Especially expertise in the development of complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
In addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Have expertise in areas of physical science especially in thermodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase, or combustion
- Secondly, expert in application of CFD methods: vehicle aerodynamics, internal combustion engines, turbomachinery
- Have experience with Java programming
- Free to work in multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. So all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.