Service Desk Technician jobs, Remote IT jobs, Engineering, and more are now available on our website IT Jobs Update.
|Employee Group||NSGEU Local 77|
- Department/Unit: ITS Client Services
- Posting Number: S521-22
- Employee Group: NSGEU Local 77
- Salary $29.57 – $37.51hourly ($49,980 – $63,389 per annum, 32.5 hours per week)
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, the incumbents will offer front-line technical support services to all Dal IT clients (staff and faculty).
Key Responsibilities Of Service Desk Technician
- Support an up-to-date working understanding of technology specific to file and print services, account maintenance, enterprise and business applications, and software and hardware.
- Respond to incoming calls to the Service Desk, Analyse the ticket system and respond to client applications. Compensate and resolve hardware and software problems, diagnose and identify problems.
- Deploy, organize, prioritize and increase incidents to ensure timely resolution.
- Document a detailed summary and description of applications and resolutions.
- Utilize remote control equipment to resolve hardware and software issues. When needed, offer on-site desktop support.
- Perform analysis to determine commonly occurring issues and recommend solutions.
- Check out: Senior Developer jobs in Canada.
Required Qualifications of Service Desk Technician
- Service Desk Technician must have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, plus a minimum of three to five years of advanced Proficiency in client support (or a similar combination of training and ability).
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365, Office Suites, MS Windows, and Mac OS X.
- Must have Strong Proficiency with various services in technical user support, networking, and communications.
- Must have Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral), organizational, and proven compensating skills.
Information Technology Framework Library (ITIL) Foundation Level Certification.
Must have Proficiency in applying remote control software instruments.
Posting Detail Information
- Number of Vacancies One (1)
- Open Date 12/19/2022
- Close Date 01/13/2023
- Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
- Quick Link for Direct Approach to Posting https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/12232
IT Jobs and Top-Paying jobs
For more information about Service Desk Technician jobs, IT jobs, and Remote It jobs, visit our website IT Jobs Update. We provide here detailed information about IT jobs in Canada. Our perception is to provide equal opportunities for young people to get the latest IT jobs information to expand the top-paying IT jobs and IT Jobs worldwide.