Job Location: Portugal – Lisbon
Post Date: February 6, 2022
Employment Type: Any
Salary: 42000 – 60000 euro a year.
Job Functions: Consulting, Engineering, Information Technology
Our Lisbon office is looking for a Software Engineer who will become the cornerstone of our new global technology hub.
At Reaktor, we help future-thinking organizations like (Adidas, Lego, HBO, Finavia, FC Liverpool, and others) prevail in innovation. Our Nordic culture characterizes our key rule: offering remarkable innovative capability while deeply caring about the prosperity of our partners. We are also known for our human methodology.
Our Lisbon office is searching for a Senior Software Engineer who will become the cornerstone of our new worldwide innovation center point of the most splendid personalities. Whenever you are a Reaktorian, you will settle advanced difficulties, share expertise, work intimately with Reaktor communities in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Helsinki, and interfacing with partners and clients from everywhere the world.
What about tech?
Firstly we know that a good developer can make extraordinary things in any language. Thus, we consider ourselves to be innovation skeptics and don’t have explicit tech requirements. Secondly things we get excited about include: functional programming, Clojure, TypeScript, React, Swift, Kotlin, Postgres, and Kanban. Further we would love to hear about your favorite technologies and see your interest in trying out the others as well.
What’s in it for you?
We offer all that you’d expect of a worldwide tech organization for example intriguing tasks, competitive salary and a chance to go on work stays to Reaktor workplaces all over the globe. Yet, what truly makes us different is our Nordic culture – expect great attention to the work-life balance with a possibility to work flexible hours; high levels of trust and autonomy; and a friendly team of interesting personalities willing to connect beyond work.
So we believe you know best what helps you grow – be it a certification program, taking training, participating in a conference, or joining one of the various Reaktor Communities of Practice – and we are always there to fully support you in your development journey.
- The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Screens, keyboard, headphones
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Flexible working hours
- Extended health insurance
- Compensation of any development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Team activities and get-together
- Travel expenses
- Work trips between EU offices
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips twice a year (when the pandemic situation permits)
- Company shares
- Can work with the team to decide the best tools for the job at hand. Sometimes it’s Clojure running in a Kubernetes cluster, and sometimes it’s a small piece of JS running on AWS Lambda.
- View team members and clients as individuals with their respective strengths and weaknesses.
- Believe that sometimes tech is best solved with no code at all, but by talking to the right people.
- Enjoy working with juniors and seniors on the shiny and dirty bits of the code base. No ivory tower architects here.
- Have willing to take an active part in shaping the new Lisbon community of the strongest developers.
- Have a high level of technical confidence and 4+ years of experience.
- Live in Lisbon or within a comfortable commute range to be able to work from our beautiful office.