A Senior Linux Systems Administrator is necessary for a Silicon Valley-based startup that is creating cloud-based desktop app management services. The Senior Linux Systems Administrator should be capable of quickly switching duties while working in an agile setting. The company is working on customized solutions that will enable the delivery of virtual desktop services without the need for complex infrastructure or integration. This is a long-term, full-time job that will usually require 6 hours of overlap with the PST time zone.
Responsibilities of the Job:
- maintain and troubleshoot Linux applications in containerized environments such as Kubernetes.
- Learn about and use new and upcoming technologies.
- Assist in the administration of Linux systems that allow virtual desktop streaming environments.
- You will work in a dynamic environment and be able to switch duties rapidly if necessary.
Requirements of the Job:
- The ability to use configuration management tools like Terraform, Saltstack, Ansible, and others as code.
- Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes) with experience .
- Prior knowledge of Postgres/MySQL, Tomcat, Nginx/Haproxy, and other databases
- Scripting experience (e.g., Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- It would be advantageous to have CI/CD experience (Gitops/ArgoCD).
- Minio / S3 administration experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud vendors: AWS and Azure are advantages.
- Management of Elasticsearch experience
- Opentelemetry/Jaeger experience Tracing is necessary to have.
- Working knowledge of WAF monitoring and administration
- Knowledge of Linux Desktop Administration
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a software engineer
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (IaC) technologies such as CloudFormation or Terraform is required.
- Build solutions using a microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of contemporary build methodologies, continuous integration, unit testing, and TDD is required.