Are you seeking an excellent opportunity to join a passionate and skilled squad with a Remote Principal Backend Engineer job in the USA dedicated to motivating and leading their peers and helping them grow?
Mission Lane is impacting the lives of millions of Americans by bringing a change in providing access to financial tools and paving the pathway to financial success. We strive to create solutions that no one has had before to redefine the financial industry for the better. Does this sound like a mission you might be up to?
Mission Lane is seeking a Remote Principal Backend Engineer with a strong Kubernetes focus to join our geographically diverse team. All Mission Laners can choose to work 100% remotely from one of our offices in Richmond, VA, San Francisco, CA, or whatever combination works best.
Job Requirement For Remote Principal Backend Engineer
Mission Lane seeks a highly talented and versatile Principal Backend Engineer to join our engineering squad. Someone who not only knows how to write quality code but also how to deploy and manage applications and systems in production. If you feel passionate about building and designing readily available, scalable systems with a robust, small, and agile team squad, this position is for you. You would become an influential engineer who will lead the team in the right direction, lead implementation, and mentor fellow engineers in software design, system architecture, and operations.
As a Remote Principal Backend Engineer, you have to fulfill the following job requirements:
- Work in true DevOps fashion at the forefront of the entire technology stack.
- Take advantage of the latest technologies such as Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Gloo, and modern paradigms such as GitOps.
- Solve complex engineering and architectural problems while scaling products of Mission Lane
- Provide guidance and lead other team engineers and raise the standard for technical excellence across the organization
- Collaborate with team departments like multi-product, growth, credit, and data science. Deeply understand the essential client’s needs and design and build the most appropriate features or systems.
As a Remote Principal Backend Engineer, you have to fulfill the following job requirements
- Have broad experience building systems using significant languages such as Java, Kotlin, Python, and Go in production environments.
- Extensive experience designing microservices architectures using Kubernetes and Docker in production
- You are familiar with architectural strategies such as event-driven systems and domain-driven designs.
- You have experience building RESTful APIs using frameworks like Open API and Swagger.
- Have in-depth knowledge of cloud framework and GCP.
- Must have a strong and burning desire to mentor and improve the developers around you.
- Must have extensive experience designing, deploying, and improving distributed and associated systems such as orchestration, testing, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Must have professional and deep knowledge of cloud infrastructures such as Heroku, AWS, and GCP.
- Must have experience working in a fast-paced atmosphere; continued deployment, test-driven development, and agile methodologies.
Mission Lane is looking for people who dare to take on new challenges. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need accommodations to reach your highest potential during the application and interview process.
We are providing our team members with stability in their lives.
Our premium benefits package* provides you with everything that supports you need to thrive at home and work.
Work: An engaging atmosphere that provides access to various training programs and opportunities for development and growth.
Full Health Benefits
Dental and Vision Benefits
Flexible Spending Account (for health and childcare expenses)
Paid Parental Leave,
401k Company Match.
Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, Calm App subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the US, with offices in Richmond, Virginia, and San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, the company has snowballed to nearly two million clients worldwide.
It all started with realizing a problem that nearly fifty percent of the US adult population does not have access to a clear credit line. And by “clear,” we mean a loan without crazy fees that only add to the debt. Most traditional credit card companies overlook or overprice this group because they have worse than the best credit scores or no scores.
We understand that not everyone has the perks of the same opportunities, and also aware that everyone is joining us at different stages of their financial journey. Our team is providing access to clear credit was a necessary first step, but our work isn’t over yet. We actively develop new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
At Mission Lane, we are creating opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive as it does for our customers. We are trying hard to build an environment that brings out the best daily.
Mission Lane is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive employment compensation without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected status veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring an employment permit for a new applicant for this position. And please, no third-party recruiters.