Are you seeking an excellent opportunity to join a passionate and skilled squad with a Remote Java Software Engineer job in the USA dedicated to motivating and leading their peers and helping them grow?
Job Requirements For Remote Java Software Engineer
As a Remote Java Software Engineer, you have to fulfill the following job requirements:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop new applications and enhance and support existing applications and programs.
- Collaborate with business systems analysts and stakeholders to translate business to technical requirements and resolve issues.
- Collaborate with project and cross-functional teams to resolve open issues and bug fixes.
- Communicate with a coach, and mentor team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements.
- Write and maintain readable, maintainable, and efficient code is highly optimized and scalable architectures.
- Custom applications from concept and design to implementation and support.
- Debug and test the code as needed.
- Create and update advanced technical documentation.
- 4 years of software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices throughout the software development lifecycle, which include source control, coding reviews and standards, constructing, testing, and developing engineering processes with a focus on automation and end-to-end traceability.
- Working understanding of databases, including writing and editing queries in MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, or other relational databases.
- Experience communicating effectively with a broad base of end users and multiple layers of management
- Must have the ability to communicate well with vendors as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work flexibly, including nights/weekends as needed.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in CS.
- Must be proficient in Web development skills including Java, HTML, CSS,
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Must have a proven record of working with DevOps software which includes simultaneous integration and deployment using open source technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Ability to teach modern technical concepts to their teammates.
Remote job in the USA – This role can be remote, virtual, or work from home anywhere in the United States.
O’Reilly Auto Parts IT serves our corporate office, 5,600 stores, 28 distribution centers, and 80,000 team members.
We have over 700 IT team members supporting 250 small, medium, and extensive web and software applications in addition to third-party.
We are providing a collaborative and cooperative atmosphere that facilitates knowledge sharing.
Our squad keeps communication open through video conferences, team messages, and meetings.
Our mentorship vision and values promote collaboration and encourage team members to bring creative ideas to solve problems from both a technical and functional perspective.
We have multiple career paths; whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or remain a technical engineer – there is a documented growth plan to help you follow your chosen path.
Our vision is to help grow our people – we help you be better by providing training for technical and professional development.
All full-time squad members are eligible for a benefits package designed to offer comfort and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources, and eligibility for benefits vary based on employment status, average hours worked, location, and length of service.