A Database Engineer is capable of managing multiple databases of software. The developer will be in charge of storing, organizing, preserving, and updating databases. This is a fantastic opportunity to work remotely for top US organizations and advance through the ranks.
- Engineering or computer science bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of relevant experience as a database engineer is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers).
- extensive knowledge of provisioning and managing NoSQL databases.
- Working familiarity with ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, and Hbase database management systems is required.
- Knowledge of at least one high-level scripting language, such as Python, Bash, Perl, and so on.
- Experience with Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, and other deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management tools.
- Working knowledge of AWS and GCP; hands-on programming expertise in Linux/Unix environments.
- Oracle RAC, ASM, GoldenGate/DataGuard, AWR, ASH, and LINUX expertise.
- knowledge of different database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and others.
Responsibilities at work:
- Manage, maintain, and monitor a large number of NoSQL database clusters while adhering to SLAs.
- Arrange both in-house and public cloud SaaS products.
- Diagnose, remediate, and discuss database issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Design and implement best practices for database cluster planning, deployment, monitoring, updating, and decommissioning.
- Provide general data backup/recovery/DR solutions
- Collaborate with the engineering and operations teams to automate innovative scalability, reliability, and performance approaches.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- knowledge with database design principles
- Database schema design and administration knowledge
Oracle certification, such as OCA/OCP, is advantageous.