We are looking to hire a competent individual for the post of Remote -Based Principal Software Engineer. We are combining two of the industries evolving very rapidly on the planet with a performance culture, cooperation and opportunity, and this is what you get it. Leading-edge technology in an industry that improves the lives of many people. The innovation here is not about another gadget but about making healthcare data available securely and reliably wherever and whenever people need it. There is no room for error. Join us and start doing the best work of your life.
Join our Health a Safe ID team as a Principal Software Engineer. The team is working hard to build state-of-the-art identity and authentication technology to serve multiple populations, portals and applications across UnitedHealth and beyond. Our purpose is to enable users to access their health needs safely. Working with a diverse team, you’ll solve challenging scalability problems, impact millions of people, and transform healthcare.
You’ll enjoy the perks of commuting remotely from anywhere in the US as you face difficult situations.
Responsibilities of Remote -Based Principal Software Engineer
- To Design and develop authentication and authorization solutions for web and mobile applications.
- Participate actively in the entire software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing, and production deployment.
- To work with Product Managers to comprehend features, complete technical assessments and cost, design, code, test, and deploy
- Work with technical headliners and the security squad to comprehend technical restrictions and integrate them into the design.
- Aid live sites with production debugging, track root causes and systematically fix them.
- Perform code review of code created by other engineers on the team
You will be awarded and acknowledged for your performance in an atmosphere that will challenge you, give you the explicit path to flourish in your role, and provide growth for other positions that may interest you.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience and training
- Must have an experience of 8 years of software development in one or more high-level general-purpose programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, C#, Python, Golang, etc.)
- Must be 5 years of experience in testing, strengthening and deploying software products.
- Must have 5 years of experience in the technical arrangement of software products and elements
- Must have an extensive 5 years of experience working with distributed systems and application design in an SOA environment.
- 5 years of experience with production debugging and periodic search for causes and their elimination.
- Experience with authorization frameworks such as OAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
- Must be an expert and have keen proficiency in performance and optimization tools and techniques at scale
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of web security, authentication and applied cryptography
To protect the health and safety of our workers, patients and the communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliates now require all employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status before employment. In addition, some roles require complete vaccination against COVID-19 as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group complies with all federal, state, and local regulations regarding COVID-19 vaccinations and all client requests for COVID-19 vaccinations. It obtains information from candidates before employment to ensure compliance. All contestants must be able to perform all essential job roles with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in the cancellation of the job offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have tremendous power to change the healthcare industry and cause betterment in people’s lives. It’s happening here, and you will help solve problems that have never been solved. We release the information to be used safely and securely wherever needed. We create the most convenient ideas to implement to help our clients improve the quality of care and reduce costs by millions. This is where the best and brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is where you can do the best piece of your life. (cm)
Salary and other Benefits
Colorado, Connecticut, or Nevada residents only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Compensation is based on various factors, including education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, stock purchase and a 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to requirements eligibility). No matter where or when you start your career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find many benefits and incentives.
*All telecommuters will be required to follow the UnitedHealth Group’s telecommuting policy.