Lead Software Engineer in USA is a perfect opportunity for people who are passionate about working in the IT sector.
Gremlin’s vision is to make the Internet more reliable. We are pioneers in the exciting, growing practice of Chaos Engineering for enterprises like Target, Twilio, and JP Morgan Chase, building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on availability. The Gremlin forum exposes risks and vulnerabilities that traditional DevOps and IT operational processes and best practices do not address. If paving a unique path forward at the cutting edge of technology sounds thrilling to you, we should work together.
About the Lead Software Engineer role:
As a Lead Software Engineer at Gremlin, you will have the chance to enhance the trustworthiness of the Internet by developing Chaos Engineering tools. You will use your engineering experience to design products and crack tricky technical problems concerning our customers (from Fortune 500 to smaller organizations). Your role is to work closely with a small, proficient squad focusing on quality, delivery, and predictability, with great emphasis on delivering a fantastic user experience to our consumers.
Working as Lead Software Engineer in USA you have have following duties:
- Lead and work closely with engineers, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to design and develop state-of-the-art and unique Chaos Engineering tools.
- Must show strong teamwork and communication abilities to deliver unique qualities within a remote culture.
- Actively participate in design to understand consumer needs and design interfaces and experiences that drive our clients to success.
- Lead and actively participate in discussions with the product and other business units to understand business challenges and present creative technical solutions and trade-offs.
- Actively guide and help your teammates to grow professionally in their careers.
- Have deep concerns about the consumer experience.
We expect you to have:
For qualifying the role of Lead Software Engineer in USA, you must have following requirements:
- Must have 7+ years of professional Experience in engineering web frontend with React
- Powerful experience with CSS styles, grid, css-in-js (emotions) etc.
- Must be proficient and have an extensive experience with frontend tools such as webpack, jest, babel, and eslint.
- Proven record to enhances the general frontend developer experience
- Proven ability to enhance the effectiveness and productivity of teammates.
- Must have extensive Experience working with Design Systems.
- Utilize your own design and creativity skills to work with designers and stakeholders to execute designs and features to desired specifications.
- Must be a mentally strong person and efficient in cracking ambiguous problems into solid actions and milestones
- Experience with agile development atmospheres and techniques
Desired experience with cloud technologies: e.g., AWS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Serverless
- Has been on standby and participating in the incident management program
- Interest in Rust and System level Programming.
- Experience taking features from concept to full production release
- Experience with the Material UI component library
- Experience or strong interest in infrastructure and systems level technologies: e.g., Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.
Please apply if you meet all the criteria below but are still interested in the job. No one ticks every box – we look for candidates who are particularly strong in a few areas and have interest and ability in others.
Competitive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance
Team activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders,” they were responsible for leading teams in analyzing and resolving global outages. After ten years of internal development and promotion of Chaos Engineering, in 2016, they decided to make what they had learned available to a broader group of enterprise companies and launched Gremlin.
Since then, Gremlin has built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from each other while pushing the industry forward to new heights. We are backed by top investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we are excited to be a partner in their success.
What we are interested in:
We care about our people
People are our critical differentiators. The company strives to treat our people with respect, empathy, and dignity. We expect our people to treat each other similarly. In both cases, we will assume good intentions. Everyone is welcome at Gremlin. We know that our differences make us stronger and that our best ideas and contributions can come from anyone at any level.
We care about cooperation.
Gremlin is strongest when we come together as one team with common goals. Be the glue, not the glitter. But in a remote company, teamwork and collaboration don’t happen by accident. We approach each challenge as a common challenge. We rely on each other for different perspectives and creative ideas. We celebrate the victory as a team.
We care about results.
Be high productivity, low drama—results matter. To keep our pace, everyone owns the consequences of their actions and intervenes when necessary. We reward speed for excellence. We empower each other to iterate and experiment. At Gremlin, you are welcome as you are. The more voices and ideas we represent in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is supported. However, you identify with whatever background you bring with you, apply if this sounds like a role that would excite you to come to work every day. Despite our differences, we find the strength to build a more reliable internet by creating and designing the tools used by the best companies in the world.
You are welcome at Gremlin just as you are. The more voices and ideas we represent in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is supported. However, you identify with whatever background you bring with you, apply if this sounds like a role that would excite you to come to work every day. Despite our differences, we find the strength to build a more reliable internet by creating and designing the tools used by the best companies in the world.
We can’t wait to meet you!