Location: Europe Only
Job Nature: Full-Time
Who are we?
Before describing the Senior Backend Game Developer Remote job, we will tell you about Jam.gg
Jam.gg is a cloud gaming platform prioritizing social interaction and accessibility.
It aims to provide an enjoyable multiplayer gaming experience to individuals with low-tech devices and internet connections.
Unlike other platforms, we are also through a web browser without needing high-speed internet.
Jam.gg aims to evoke a playful childhood spirit and connect people through gaming.
With a leadership team of experienced tech industry veterans from Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, and King, among others, Jam.gg has quickly risen to become a go-to platform for cloud gaming in select regions.
As a YCombinator-backed company with support from top VC firms and LEGO Ventures,
we are now expanding our Studio Department and seeking self-motivated, adaptable individuals who thrive on challenging and collaborative projects.
Our inclusive culture emphasizes teamwork, continuous learning, and innovation, making Jam.gg an exciting place to grow your career as a Senior Backend Game Developer.
What will you be doing
As a Senior Backend Game Developer, you will have to do the following tasks:
- Join a Senior Back-end Game Developer as a small, independent game development team.
- Thrive in a collaborative, stimulating, and innovative environment where your programming prowess and creative ideas are equally appreciated.
- Receive mentorship and support from a seasoned Tech Director who will help you grow and develop your career.
- Please contribute to the entire development cycle of our upcoming game, from ideation to design, development, testing, and launch as a Senior Backend Game Developer
- Empower other developers to enhance their abilities through mentorship and support.
What we are looking for
For the Senior Backend Game Developer post, we are looking for the following qualities in an individual.
- Require at least five years of experience as a game developer with a track record of several shipped games, including at least one F2P on mobile (iOS and Android).
- Candidate has Expertise with Back-end game services such as Playfab, EOS, Nakama, or similar.
- We require high expertise in programming languages like C++, C#, or Rust.
- The ideal candidate should possess a comprehensive understanding of the limitations of real-time persistent online games and advanced knowledge of cost optimization and data compression techniques specifically applicable to online gaming.
- DevOps or LiveOps experience would be highly beneficial.
- We seek candidates who exhibit strong self-motivation, proactivity, and a high degree of autonomy and work ethic.
- Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills and thrives in team-oriented environments.
- Actively participates in game creation by collaborating with cross-functional teams, from asset conception to implementation and animation.
- Eager to learn and continuously improve, with excellent spoken and written English communication abilities.
After getting the Post of Senior Backend Game Developer, the individual will enjoy the following benefits.
- Our employees have at least five weeks of vacation time with no set limit on the number of days they can take off.
- Monthly well-being allowance for mental well-being, sports, massage, and more.
- Home office allowance.
- Our employees enjoy a fully remote work environment that allows for flexible working hours.
- We have a policy of providing equal pay to all employees, regardless of their gender, race, or any other personal characteristic as a senior Backend Game Developer
- Generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leave of 18 weeks after one year of seniority.
- Employees who have completed one year of seniority are eligible for a maternity, paternity, and adoption subsidy of 3k euros.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation is one-to-one based on geographical location and company policy.
- Additional benefits are offered depending on geographical location.
How to Apply
If you read all the instructions for the “Senior Backend Game Developer” Fully remote job, click the Apply Now button below and submit your resume!
Stay up-to-date on the latest remote IT jobs, remote IT support jobs.