- Nationwide Platforms
- Lutterworth LE17, UK
- Jan 03, 2023
IT Software & SaaS
JOB DESCRIPTION IT Security Officer in Uk
We are currently recruiting for an IT Security Officer in Uk to work with the IT team at our head office in Lutterworth.
Role as IT Security Officer in Uk:
The IT Security Officer in Uk role will be part of the LOXAM Security Operations Centre, reporting to the Director of Security Operations. The primary role of an IT Security Officer in Uk will be to monitor, detect, control and eliminate cyber threats. The role will include technical security skills, security operations, and governance, maintaining security operations processes/procedures and demonstrating security controls that are embedded throughout the business.
This role will require strong analytical IT skills and an understanding of the practical application of information security.
The role will require working closely with IT and business functions at all levels in the UK and France to ensure security-related activities are completed. A trip to France is expected from time to time. For this role, you must be fluent in French, spoken and written.
In return, you get a salary of up to £40,000 based on experience, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, auto-enrollment pension scheme, life assurance, Westfield Health Cash Plan and lifestyle benefits – discounts at selected high street stores will
• Monitor information systems for malicious activity using Security Incidents and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets.
• Respond to and investigate alerts from the SIEM platform and investigate security-related tickets from business customers and third-party security providers.
• Limiting business disruption from malicious activity by detecting and eliminating malicious activity from information systems.
• Contribute to the development of new security monitoring use cases. Ensure all investigation activities are properly entered into ticketing systems and followed up with relevant support teams.
• Validate vulnerability findings and support remediation efforts.
• Research the latest security/cyber threats, which can improve with existing tools and processes.
• Work with application owners, technology teams and business stakeholders to implement required controls as part of the IT security roadmap and IT initiatives.
•As an IT Security Officer in Uk you will Provide IT operational security support to IT operations teams.
• Manage security solutions deployed within the company, such as email/web filtering, firewall monitoring, endpoint protection, etc.
• General security administration support within the IT security operations team.
Conduct regular reviews of security controls to ensure they remain effective and fit for purpose.
Skills and Experience Required For IT Security Officer in Uk:
Fluency in French, both oral and written, is essential.
• Professional certification, such as SSCP, GSOC, SOC-100 or CompTIA Security+, is required.
• Previous experience as an IT Operations, IT Security Officer or Cyber Security Analyst is desired.
• Knowledge of vulnerability assessment tools and techniques used to evaluate operating systems, networking devices, databases, and web applications.
• Good understanding of networking technologies, principles and concepts.
• Good understanding of various technologies and operating systems and their associated security concerns.
• Basic understanding of cloud technologies, including Office 365, EMS, Azure, and AWS.
• Intermediate-level knowledge of security best practices, security solutions, and procedures for performing security assessments, including manual assessments and user vulnerability testing.
Intermediate-level knowledge of security assessment tools (commercial, open source) and manual security testing techniques.
• Intermediate-level knowledge of cyber security threats and techniques used by adversaries to compromise systems, both technical and non-technical techniques.
• Basic understanding of web application programming languages, common web vulnerabilities, and security best practices for web development.
• Knowledge of ISO27001, GDPR, and PCI-DSS.
• Individuals must have strict attention to detail and can prioritize their tasks.
In return, you will get the following:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Westfield Health Cash Plan
• Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme
• Lifetime Guarantee
• Lifestyle benefits
At IT Jobs in England, we are committed to diversity and equality. We believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to succeed in their selected field; here, we provide a platform through which you can find all types of IT JOBS worldwide. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you want to read about visa sponsorship jobs, you can read out in our blogs section.