City of London
£90k per annum
A prime charity based in the City of London is looking for an IT Director in London to join their team permanently. They need an IT specialist with leadership skills to direct the improvement and provisioning of networks and systems. They are looking for positive, enthusiastic people with a can-do attitude and a consistently professional approach, talented in executing strategic organizational plans to improve and upgrade their systems. Can support and ultimately help colleagues across the organization to deliver high-quality service to clients. ; And to keep a rough ending for good sleep.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The organization works to prevent people from becoming homeless, helping people sleeping on the streets find safe housing and providing them with the services they need to rebuild their lives. They have developed a range of services that offer basics such as temporary shelter or long-term housing and various projects to help people with their confidence, skills, and experience. The organization strives to support people as they take control of their recovery. Their role is to promote the right environment so that people can make changes in their way.
ROLE As A IT Director in London
The IT Director in London will manage the IT team and be accountable for delivering IT services across the organization, including a significant upgrade of our systems estate over the next three years. The IT director is also part of the organization’s leadership team and is expected to help develop and deliver the overall strategy.
Develop and deliver the organization’s IT strategy in alignment with strategic objectives
Management and continuous improvement of the organization’s systems infrastructure, including information security, application support/help desk, IT business continuity, and IT supplier relationship management
Lead an IT transformation program that delivers a step-change in the capabilities of our systems.
Working in partnership with the rest of the charity to meet user needs, ensuring all systems work together for the benefit of all stakeholders. Enable clients to access the benefits of technology and, where possible, provide support for self-service.
Development of a high-performing IT team that provides support and challenge across all functions of the organization.
Managing and developing the IT team, ensuring we have the right skills and capabilities to effectively support the organization’s work.
Develop a set of performance KPIs and provide regular performance reporting.
Provide effective management and maintenance of the organization-wide IT architecture.
Led the implementation of new systems infrastructure, including Office 365.
Enable the implementation of new business applications across the charity, including finance, HR, and housing.
Manage technology and processes to operate the website and digital products successfully.
Drive the development and adoption of digital solutions to meet internal and external client, customer, and stakeholder needs.
For all system implementations, users are fully engaged and supported through change management.
Oversee the delivery of a reliable, accessible, and customer-focused application support/IT help desk function.
Manage and control IT and project budgets.
Implement a continuous improvement program across all processes and systems to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
TO LEAD AND MANAGE A TEAM
- Led the recruitment and selection of new staff to the team.
- Review the composition and effectiveness of the IT team and maintain work descriptions to ensure all activities and procedures are appropriately staffed and resourced.
- Develop and regularly review IT team performance standards and develop technical capabilities of team members.
- We are supporting staff by setting clear objectives and conducting regular individual supervision.
- We ensure good staff communication by conducting regular team meetings and additional briefings as needed.
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of the IT team through regular meetings with stakeholders.
- Onboarding new staff and planning continuous development of existing staff based on annual appraisals.
- We manage the team’s workload, ensuring that adequate cover is provided at all times.
- We are ensuring the health and safety of team members. This will include implementing procedures for office security and the use of computer equipment.
- Defining (and periodically reviewing) staff roles to ensure they support the function’s goals and objectives.
Operate the organization’s disciplinary and grievance procedures where necessary.
They are looking for an IT professional with solid teamwork skills and the ability to build highly positive and constructive working relationships with senior colleagues and boards. You will be able to effectively engage with all other functional teams to ensure a comprehensive IT strategy that benefits the entire organization and manage cross-functional teams in strategy Implementation.
Practical experience leading and managing critical IT projects in a large and complex service-oriented organization would be beneficial. We exceptionally welcome applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants, as they are under-represented in the organization at the superior management level.
The post holder must have a proven track record of successful outcomes in:
Effectively engage with all other functional teams to ensure a comprehensive IT strategy that benefits the entire organization and manage cross-functional teams in strategy implementation.
- Sourcing and delivering an adequate IT infrastructure and customer-focused application support function within a large organization.
- He has managed critical IT projects in a large and complex service-oriented organization. Inspiring and supporting others to embrace change.
- We translate strategic objectives into practical plans and processes, including evidence of thinking and doing.
- We are identifying and managing risks.
- Effective management and control of critical budgets.
- Excellent team working skills and building highly positive and constructive relationships with senior colleagues and boards.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Previous hands-on IT experience.
- Strategic delivery.
- We are setting up work.
- People management.
- As a IT Director in London a solid commitment to the organization’s values, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion in the provision of services and employment.
- Genuine interest and commitment to the organization’s work and client group.
- Understanding and commitment to diversity and equity.
- Willingness and ability to work outside regular office hours (will be granted instead).
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organizational needs.
- What they offer:
- Excellent Training and Development:
- Investors in People approved the gold.
- Committed to the development of all staff
- Develop your skills and career
You will have access to:
- As a IT Director in London a comprehensive engagement to connect you to the organization and your role
- An individualized personal development plan and access to regular internal vacancies when you’re ready for your next move
- High-quality in-house training covering all aspects of working with their clients and other core skills
- A leadership and development program for all new organization managers
- An internal mentoring scheme and career development workshops
- A sponsorship scheme to support the pursuit of professional qualifications
- A wide range of additional ‘bite-sized’ and easy-access learning opportunities.
- The organization has been recognized by Investors in People at the Silver level and aims for Platinum.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace:
- Eight fantastic diversity networks, including LGBTQ, BAME, and lived experience
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Flexible working and pensions:
- Committed to maintaining your work-life balance
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reaching Your Potential:
- They welcome people with a wide range of experiences and transferable skills.
- 29% of all appointments in 2020/21 were internal promotions.
- Reach capacity
At IT Jobs in England, we are committed to diversity and equality. We believe that everyone should have an equal opportunity to succeed in their selected field, Here we provide a platform through which you can find all types of IT JOBS allover the world. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and strive to create an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
[…] It’s an exciting time to join CTS, a company that puts engineering excellence first. An IT Manager in Abingdon is one of our core roles within our partner schools and is key to the success of our managed IT service delivery. […]