We have many fantastic opportunities to start your career and earn as you learn. You could be our next advanced apprentice studying for a BSc Honours degree in Higher Level Apprenticeship.
- Employer Raytheon UK
- Location United Kingdom-Kilkeel
- Salary Competitive
- Closing date 10 Sep 2022
- Sector Defence , Engineering, IT
- Job Role Software Developer
- Job Type Permanent
Interested in joining our Planning and Logistics team at Collins Aerospace Kilkeel as an Advanced Apprentice?
Who are we?
At Collins Aerospace, our internal team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t get people from point A to point B. We are committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and safe. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 US states and more than 10 countries around the world, we’re transforming aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
At our Kilkeel facility, we manufacture aircraft interiors for a number of customers around the world. As a leader in the aerospace industry, we currently have a number of exciting positions available, including your role as a senior apprentice in our planning and logistics team within our seating business based in Kilkeel, Northern Ireland. Opportunities to start a career.
What is the Advanced Apprenticeship in Logistics and Planning at Collins Aerospace Kilkenny?
- This is an exciting opportunity to pursue a BSc Honours degree in Customer Operations while starting a career in a world-leading aerospace manufacturing logistics team.
- You will have ample opportunities to develop your skills while working as a senior level apprentice in our planning and logistics team. In the role you will:
- Coordinate and participate in departmental and business projects to support business improvement and decision making.
- Learn, understand and develop our internal logistics planning system.
- Support our inventory management and ensure we meet internal customer deadlines.
- Play a key role in ensuring data integrity and accuracy within departmental systems and databases (including SAP).
- Work closely with other departments including Operations, Supply Chain and Shipping to ensure customer needs are met.
- The Higher Level Apprenticeship is a fully funded qualification. Most of your week will be spent working in the business and learning on the job. You’ll also go to university to pursue your degree on a day release basis, gaining the knowledge, skills and attitudes you need to thrive in business.
- To know more about the specific course and module outline please visit
- University of Ulster – BSc (Hons) Leading on Customer Operations – Part Time
What you will get:
- An opportunity to be part of a global company that is a market leader.
- Start your career with Collins Aerospace and gain invaluable experience in the manufacturing aerospace industry.
- A free alternative to the traditional university route.
- I Graduated after 3 years with a BSc Honors in Customer Operations Leadership from Ulster University with the opportunity to secure a full-time graduate role within our company.
Salary and benefits
- What we do As such, we are committed to providing an industry-leading benefits package. We offer a very competitive salary, annual bonus, and many other benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave and 9 public holidays
- Attractive remuneration package
- Finish early on Friday.
- Hybrid work options (*Depending on role)
- Professional development + growth
- Support with professional fees
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Health care benefits (including healthcare cash plans)
- Staff Exemption
- Welfare programs
- Identification of the employee
- Free on-site parking
- Death in service
- Generous Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Growth and development opportunities
- Minimum requirements
- Candidates should have the following:
- 3 A-level grades A-C or equivalent
- 3 GCSEs (grades A-C) to include Maths and English or equivalent
- High aptitude and passion for working with computers, electronic systems and databases.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Apply directly to Collins Aerospace by uploading your CV:
Please note, it is the candidate’s responsibility to clearly outline how they meet the criteria required for the role on their CV.
Last date for applications is 22 August 2022
Phase 2: The selection process will take place on 29 August 2022.
Step 3: If successful in step 2, complete the University of Ulster application process.
Step 4: Enrol in University modules.
Please note that all offers will be confirmed by the University of Ulster including confirmation of acceptance into the course and funding for the apprenticeship.
University teaching will start at the end of September 2022.
IT job in UK
For more information You can search our IT Jobs Update . We try to provide information about IT jobs to youth. Our vision is to provide equal opportunities for every young person to get a job in the IT sector to further expand the IT job sector in the UK.