IT Jobs Update is always here to bring the Latest Scholarships update for you. Today we’ll bestow you with scholarships from Korea. Those interested in studying in Korea can apply for the Scholarship here. Students worldwide can apply for Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2023 in South Korea (Fully Funded). In other words, it is also known as GKS. It will cover all your expenses for study. Indeed, this Scholarship is one of the world’s most extensive and competitive scholarships.
GKS undergraduate 2023 program is accepting applications for Bachelor’s and associate degree programs. The Korean government provides students with a total of 200 scholarships to more than 150+ countries.
Why should I study in Korea? There are many good reasons to study in South Korea, but the leading and most important cause is that South Korea’s institutions are one of the best and highly ranked in the world. Besides, Korea has a unique and attractive culture, an advanced education system, and stunning scenery.
Ways to apply for a Scholarship:
There are two ways to apply for a scholarship. One is Embassy Track, and the other one is a University Track. By Embassy Track, the Korean Government will select 81 international students for Undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree programs. On the other hand, by University Track, the Korean Government will select 119 international students. Every Embassy and University tracks have different deadlines.
Important note: Candidates are not eligible to apply for more than one track.
Details about GKS 2023:
Host Country: South Korea
Degree type: Bachelor’s and Associate Degree
Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
Eligibility: International Students
Deadline: Not Specified (Vary)
Associate Degree: 1 year of Korean Language + approx. 2~3 years of the Degree program.
Bachelor’s Degree: 1 year of Korean Language + approx. 4~6 years of the Degree program.
Global Korea Scholarship Benefits:
- It will cover all your tuition fees.
- Allowance of Living.
- Insurance of medical.
- Language courses.
- Free airfare tickets return.
- Allowance of 900,000 KRW per month.
- Settlement allowance of 200,000 KRW per month.
- Grant of Korean proficiency will be provided 100,000 per month.
- Airfare tickets return.
- Completion grant.
- Research support.
Available Study Fields for GKS Scholarship 2023:
- Natural Science.
- Liberal arts & social science.
- Entertainment & Sports.
Participating Universities in Scholarship:
Associate Degree (2 Universities)
- Yeungjin University
- Kyungbok University
Bachelor’s Degree (8 Universities)
- Soonchunhyang University
- Sogang University
- Pusan National University
- Korea University of Technology and Education
- Korea Polytechnic University
- Kookmin University
- Konyang University
- Ajou University
- A Student should hold citizenship of Global Korea scholarship partner countries.
- A person with Dual citizenship (one with Korean and another country’s citizenship) is NOT eligible to apply.
Level of education
- The applicants must have a high school certificate before the 31st of August 2023 or expect to be graduated before the 31st of August 2023.
- Applicants applying for Bachelor’s degree or associate degree program should graduate from high school or be expected to graduate by the 28th of February, 2023.
- The students with an associate degree or expected to graduate by the 28th of February 2023 can only apply for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who have a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply. Applicants with an associate degree can apply to Bachelor’s program.
- Maintenance of CGPA is essential to sustain Scholarship.
- The score in percentage should be 80% or above.
- CGPA must be above 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0
- Applicants should be under 25 years of age (Born after the 1st of September, 1998).
- Mentally & physically healthy and fit.
Required Documents for GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023:
- Personal statement (initially, learn how to write)
- GKS-U application form
- A brief Study plans
- Two letters of recommendation
- GKS applicant agreement
- Medical assessment
- Proof of citizenship
- Certificate of graduation
- Proof of Age
- Evidence of overseas Korean document
- High School transcripts
- Certificate of high school graduation
- Awards & certificates (if any)
- Certificates of English proficiency test (optional)
- Passport copy (optional)
- Proof of Korean war veteran’s descendants (required for descendants of Korean war veterans)
How to apply for GKS-U Scholarship 2023:
Applicants can apply for university & embassy track to Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2023 in South Korea (Fully Funded) by:
- Apply directly to the university or embassy track through official link:
- You have to choose only one university from the given university list. The selected university will nominate your name, send your application to NIIED and then make the final selection.
The official link is given below;
We always bring Latest Scholarships, Internships, and IT Jobs updates for you. Just to try to fulfill your dreams to study in abroad or in your country. Turn on notifications of our site to stay up-to-date. Don’t forget to like our Facebook Page, and also share with your friends. Here is our Official Site link: