|Recruiter:||Farm Carbon Toolkit|
|Listed on:||4th August|
|Salary/Rate:||£65,000 – £75,000|
The Farm Carbon Toolkit (FCT) is a leading, independent farmer-led UK enterprise. We help farmers and growers to reduce their carbon emissions and increase their carbon recovery. For more than 10 years, we’ve worked to advance the understanding of greenhouse gas emissions in agriculture, providing tools for measurement and projects that inspire real action on the ground.
Overview of this role
As interest in our Farm Carbon Calculator software grows, we are looking for a full-stack web platform developer, with a strong background in data engineering/science skills to join our team and Help drive your ambitions to become more confident, strong and deliverable. The most reliable calculator for farmers and growers in the UK and extends our international presence.
As a Full-stack web platform developer You’ll be responsible for helping build and develop our Farm Carbon Calculator software and services, which are already trusted by thousands of farmers and farm advisors. As such, you will have hands-on data engineering experience, including API creation and usage – and experience working within a professional software development lifecycle discipline, including the ability to maintain best practices and standards.
This role is created to support a phased transformation of our platform, with the help of external funding. As a Full-stack web platform developer You will work closely with the Calculator Manager and externally assigned developers to enhance the Farm Carbon Calculator’s interoperability with other farm management tools and other platforms with ongoing improvements to its functionality and scope.
Location: UK home with occasional travel required for team meetings and events, usually in the South or South West.
Job Summary: To maintain and develop our Farm Carbon Calculator, including the design of new features and working to increase its technical robustness, transparency and usability.
Key Responsibilities as Full-stack web platform developer
- Support front-end development of the calculator to add new features.
- Responsible for developing robust data engineering solutions for our FCT and Farm Carbon Calculator software and services. It involves building and maintaining database infrastructure to optimally extract, transform and load data from various data sources.
- Work closely with the Calculator Manager and external developers to develop new features in the Calculator, including API connections with other farm management software.
- Provide guidance on changes to the functional scope of the calculator.
- Balance and prioritize new development needs in relation to product maintenance and bug fixing.
- Assists in training and skill development of the FCT team on the use of calculators in conjunction with the Calculator Manager.
- Maintain and create useful and accessible online resources for the calculator, including clear guidance, procedural details and FAQs.
- Liaise with the Calculator Manager and the wider team to ensure that the calculator is maintained and developed to the correct specifications, and ensure that any bugs are corrected promptly.
Other: Business partnerships and consultancy to support calculator project work such as design of bespoke versions and integration into other platforms.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be updated to reflect changes relevant to business needs.
Knowledge, Experience and capabilities
Technical capabilities and experience:
- Full lifecycle web application development experience, from requirements and UX design through development and testing to implementation and maintenance.
- A proven background with SQL databases and cloud services.
- Understanding of building and deploying highly available, scalable, distributed systems for data extraction, transformation and loading of datasets.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving ability, with strong analytical skills, conceptual thinking ability and willingness to make progress to meet agreed deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail, numerical and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of agriculture and/or carbon management would be an “advantage” but by no means essential.
- Competent project management experience.
- Proficient with G-suite, Microsoft and other common IT software used in business.
- Commitment to your purpose, culture and values. Positive, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Motivated and solution oriented, results and activity driven, taking responsibility for one’s actions.
- A good team player with initiative, motivation and drive to work independently.
- Builds strong and trusting working relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, with good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Self-reflective, with a commitment to continuous learning and development.
Educated to degree level, in relevant subjects or equivalent experience.
Type of contract
This is a fixed-term contract of 12 months, with the aim of making it a permanent success pending further funding.
£65,000 – £75,000 depending on experience.
25 days per year + UK bank holidays.
We contribute 4% on top of your salary.
Public transport costs are covered or mileage is paid at 45p per mile.
We strive to have equal opportunities and commitment to this process is expected. We welcome and encourage applications from anyone interested in this role who feels they have the relevant experience and skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter of no more than 2 pages of A4, outlining your relevant skills and experience for the role, to Katerina Dauksta, click Apply Now. Please ensure that the file names of the documents you attach include your name. Please do not include any images.
Applications close on Sunday 28 August 2022 midnight.
Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be held on (or around) 7 September 2022, with a start date in early October if possible.
Thank you for your interest in the Farm Carbon Toolkit and our employment opportunities
Contact Name: Farm Carbon Toolkit
Job ID: 3126384
At IT Jobs in England, we are committed to diversity and equality. We believe that everyone should have an equal opportunity to succeed in their selected field, Here we provide a platform through which you can find all types of IT JOBS allover the world. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and strive to create an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
[…] with network configuration and setup. VPN, Cross Connect, Switch, […]
[…] Web Developer jobs in the US […]
[…] experience – Full stack / Front-end […]