We are hiring a senior FULL STACK DEVELOPER.
Registry Direct is a successful fintech company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), offering Australia’s only fully functional SaaS share and unit registry management platform. Built for fund managers and listed and unlisted companies, the platform leverages the best technology to disrupt the registry market by inspiring entrepreneurship and encouraging investor participation. We currently have over 700 customers, including Facebook, Tesla, Starbucks, Canva, and Sequoia Financial Group.
By joining the Registry Direct team, you’ll join an intensely customer-focused product company. We ship often. We monitor, measure, and listen carefully to our customers. We pragmatically apply agile and continuous delivery best practices. We strive for an excellence and are obsessed with quality. But we understand that the key to success is maximizing educational opportunities rather than fixating on the model. We value diversity. We foster a supportive, collaborative, and cross-functional culture to the core. As a remote-first organization, we prioritize flexibility so you can do essential work without missing out on all the important things in life. We know that suitable physical, social, emotional, and mental health is the key to peak performance and longevity at work.
Registry Direct is a company on an ambitious growth trajectory, and with a recent successful capital raise, we are now looking to expand our team. We invite you to join our team and grow personally and professionally with us on this journey.
JOB DESCRIPTION for FULL STACK DEVELOPER
As a mid-level software developer reporting to the Chief Technical/Technology Officer, you will work as a member of the Registry Direct delivery team alongside senior/mid-level developers, product owners, and designers with the shared goal of expanding and maintaining our existing software platform to provide a better experience for our customers.
- Permanent full-time position
- Fully remote / work from anywhere
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- Flexible working hours
- Great work-life balance
- Positive team culture
This is an entirely remote position, we are open to candidates from anywhere in the world, but as we are based in Melbourne, Australia, we would require at least a 5-hour overlap with our working day from 9 am to 5.30 pm AEST.
RESPONSIBILITIES as FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Supporting senior developers, you will primarily do the following:
- Design, code, and test new software features
- Maintain and extend existing software features
- Diagnose and resolve production issues
- Code review
Some examples of upcoming features you could be a part of:
- Development of a new API for customers
- Integration with ASX’s new blockchain-based replacement system
- Oauth2-based integration with “ecosystem” platforms like Salesforce, Hubspot, Xero
- A number of new “productivity” features for customeR.
Technologies we use
Backend: Python 3, Django 3, Django REST Framework, Celery, Odoo, PostgreSQL, Redis
Hosting/Ops: AWS – EC2, RDS, ELB. Jenkins, Puppet, Fabric, Docker, Sentry, New Relic
Version control: Git, Github
Project management/communication: Jira, Confluence, Slack, Zendesk
Qualifications & Experience
We are on a hunt for software developers to join us who have real passion, energy, and enthusiasm for what they do, are friendly, approachable, and have good relationship management skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Tertiary qualification in IT CS or related engineering fields
- 3 to 5 years of experience in commercial agile software development
- Commercial experience building complex backend web applications with Python, Django, DRF, and Celery
- Experience building and using APIs
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting, performance tuning, and optimization
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems and make decisions.
Django REST Framework