Posted on: 17 August 2022
£37,000 per year
27 September 2022
Why join Kingspan Insulation?
We are entrepreneurial and collaborative and stand behind a common goal – better buildings for a better world.
Kingspan Insulation is a foremost manufacturer of high-performance, stiff insulation within the construction industry. With 199 sites worldwide and 19,000 colleagues, Kingspan is a top global employer. We are experiencing significant growth, and this is a fascinating chance for a Fabrication Engineer to join our team.
We are looking to round up a Fabrication Engineer in Leominster who will work as part of the engineering team; you will work closely with production and engineering to solve day-to-day problems to ensure plant reliability, safety, and product quality. Improvements can be identified.
Responsibilities of our Fabrication Engineer;
- Developing and modifying existing mechanical installations and general fabrication duties for plant and site assets
- The simple construction of frames and minor structures by more complex machinery using motor, pneumatic or hydraulic power
- Some jobs are from delivered drawings, and some need to be thought through from concept to complete fabrication and testing in a live production environment.
- This work can be done inside the engineering workshop or production hall.
Skills and Experience required of our Fabrication Engineer;
- Capacity to manufacture plant and equipment
- Confidence in building and repairing machinery/plant and therefore technical ability and knowledge of plant and process is essential.
- Ideally, you will have a mechanical engineering or equivalent degree level qualification.
- As a Fabrication Engineer in Leominster you have the ability to demonstrate proficiency in using lathes, milling machines, and welding forms (MIG/TIG) and good knowledge and understanding of health and safety in work procedures.
- A work permit and knowledge of hot work procedures are essential.
Offer for Fabrication Engineer
Subsidiary Pension Scheme
24 days holiday entitlement per annum (excluding bank holidays)
4x Pay Lifetime Guarantee
Performance-related annual bonus scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
Many retail discounts – travel and leisure, health and wellness, dining out, shopping and lifestyle.
If you think you are the right candidate for our Fabrication Engineer role, please click ‘Apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!