Desktop Support Specialist jobs, Remote IT jobs, IT Technician jobs, and more are now available on our website IT Jobs Update.
Job OverviewJob Overview
Business unit: Corporate – CCL – CORPL
Areas of interest: Information Technology, IT Support
Offer essential to intermediate desktop support on various issues through research, identification, and resolution of technical problems. Administer assigned helpdesk tickets and phone calls applying best practices, strong communication skills, and IT department procedures for technical support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Proficiently and consistently support all efforts to simplify and increase customer proficiency.
- Must be proficient in general technical support and compensating of desktop systems hardware and software, local telephony, truck systems, multi-function printers, scanners, printers, mobile devices, video conferencing systems, and other technologies as defined and needed.
- Investigate system problems and offer solutions by applying specific product knowledge, system equipment, and established methods and procedures.
- Document solutions and support helpdesk ticket information and transactions as needed and within established SLA.
- Work with desktop engineering to design and refine desktop upgrades.
- Organise, test, and apply new or revised desktop solutions.
- Collaborate with the team to resolve high-level hardware and software problems.
- Resolve intermediate issues, offer remote assistance, document and manage tickets as call load dictates and within defined SLA.
- Desktop Support Specialists must Lead and participate in desktop, peripherals, additions, building moves, additions, support, and other projects as defined and needed.
- Work with Desktop Engineering to support accurate hardware and software inventories.
Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS OF DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Capability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Minimum A+ or Net+ or one higher technical certification Technical knowledge of the Internet, emails, and URLs, with standard enterprise framework protocols and services, including LAN/WAN, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN, networking, and Voice over IP.
- Proficiency with applying Windows 10, Mac OS X, and Apple iOS, and Android mobile operating systems Telecommunications principles
- Usage of MECM (SCCM) and Cherwell Ticketing
- Symantec Antivirus, SEP, and VIP software
- Bitlocker Encryption
- Desktop support specialists must have Proficiency in reading, analyzing technical procedures, and interpreting general business periodicals and professional journals.
- Desktop Support Specialists must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Potential to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, users, and the general public.
- Must have the potential to solve practical issues and deal with various concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Check out these jobs: Help Desk Manager jobs in the United States.
Senior Account Executive jobs in the USA
FULL Stack Developer jobs in the United States.
- Associate’s degree. College technical school degree or equivalent work experience
- Required Related Work Proficiency and Number of Years
- Three years of Desktop support proficiency
Must Read: Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship 2023
- Favored Skills/Abilities and understanding
- CompTIA A+
- MIS Technical Certification or Computer Science
- Office environment
- Travel may be required to remote area locations as needed
Remote IT Jobs and Top-Paying jobs
For more information about Desktop Support Specialist jobs, IT jobs, and Remote It jobs, visit our website, IT Jobs Update. We provide here detailed information about IT jobs in the USA. Our perception is to provide equal opportunities for young people to get the latest IT job information further to expand the top-paying IT jobs and IT Jobs worldwide.