This role is a subject matter expert (SME) with expertise in Cyber Security SME-Legislation, regulations, technical standards and compliance.
- Employer Jaguar Land Rover
- Location Gaydon, Warwick
- Salary Competitive
- Closing date 6 Sep 2022
- Sector Engineering, IT, Manufacturing, Security
- Job Role Cyber Security Consultant, GDPR, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Job Type Permanent
What to expect:
This role is a subject matter expert (SME) with expertise in Cyber Security SME-Legislation, regulations, technical standards and compliance. You will join the team responsible for JLR cyber security processes and standards. You will be expected to take a leadership role in these areas, leading and shaping cyber security activities within JLR and its supply base, and ensuring that work streams are compliant with legislation. Stay connected with technological best practices. You will be an expert in legislation such as UNECE.R155, standards such as ISO21434 and 2700x, and technical best practices such as NIST, ENISA, NCSC. You will need to support the business in technical discussions with certification authorities and represent the business in industry working groups.
Key Responsibilities and Responsibilities
- Exact responsibilities will evolve over time, but can be expected to include the following topics:
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures remain compliant with current and future cybersecurity legislation and standards.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging legislation and standards at both global and local levels, develop corporate strategies for future legislation.
- Provide guidance and direction to cyber security teams, ensuring processes and products continue to evolve in line with evolving legislation and best practices.
- Support internal and external certification activities, audits, and cybersecurity standards reviews.
- Ensure alignment of JLR technical standards to industry best practices and guidelines.
- Apply systems thinking and engineering knowledge to help deliver robust processes and safe vehicle systems.
- Establish and deploy best technical practice and knowledge transfer through formal training as well as informal mentoring.
- Liaising with third parties to represent their interests in JLR’s policies and practices.
- Representation of JLR in industry working groups.
- Advocate for cybersecurity as a core business priority.
What you will need:
- Proven experience and in-depth understanding of cybersecurity legislation and standards including (but not limited to) UNECE.R155, ISO21434, and ISO2700x
- In-depth understanding of security guidelines and best practices (NIST, ENISA, NCSC etc.).
- Cyber Security SME-Legislation policy and process development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to present complex technical and procedural topics in a clear and concise manner while presenting confidently with senior stakeholders.
- A good communicator who can express complex ideas, and constructively evaluate and guide the work of others
- An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members.
- Familiarity with other global regulations related to automotive cyber security, particularly the planned Chinese GB and GB/T standards
- Knowledge of wider legislative topics, such as GDPR, export controls, other similar industry standards.
- Participation in industry working groups
- Prior experience with security critical software development including knowledge of ISO 26262
- Expertise in requirements management and ALM systems, such as IBM Rational DOORS, Dassault TRM, Atlassian JIRA or similar.
So why America?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll get opportunities to advance your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership to a competitive pension plan, Private medical cover and performance bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to choose one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role can offer hybrid working opportunities where you can split your time between working at home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement that gives employees more choice and flexibility in how, when and where they work, if appropriate for their role. Further details can be discussed with the hiring manager at the interview stage.
Please be aware that if we receive too much interest we may close this vacancy to applications before the stated deadline. We strongly advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunities for all.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are passionate about our people. They are at the heart of our business. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive culture that is representative of our global customers and the society in which we live. A culture in which ever
IT job in UK
For more information You can search our IT Jobs Update . We try to provide information about IT jobs to youth. Our vision is to provide equal opportunities for every young person to get a job in the IT sector to further expand the IT job sector in the UK.