As a Cyber Security Lead Research Engineer you will work within the Research and Innovation team to develop and integrate new technologies
- Employer Jaguar Land Rover
- Location Warwick University
- Salary Competitive
- Closing date 6 Sep 2022
- Sector Education, Engineering, IT, Security
- Job Role Cyber Security Consultant, Security Architect, Security Consultant, Security Engineer
- Job Type Permanent
As a Cyber Security Lead Research Engineer you will work within the Research and Innovation team to develop and integrate new technologies and features for future Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. Common electrical and software research areas include: autonomy, cyber security, connectivity, machine learning and digitalization.
This role will be part of an agile squad focused on research and innovation in automotive cyber security, supporting research and providing proof of concept development for future technologies.
You will have a strong technical mindset, and be prepared to apply your experience in cyber security and system design while developing exciting new solutions for future vehicles. Prior automotive experience is desirable, but not required, to grow and succeed in this role. You will be excited to work closely with the wider research team, our stakeholders in business and leading universities and external partners.
As a Product Owner or Agile Squad member, driving relevant research cyber technologies to maturity
· Lead and support early demonstrations and proof-of-concept development.
Support the development of sprint/quarterly goals and agile deliverables.
· Contribute to the resolution of key technical and strategic challenges.
· Lead and support the development of project roadmaps with insight into cyber and related technologies
· Help other team members to develop their skills in cyber security.
Provide support on projects when handing over to mainstream engineering.
· Work according to process and engineering specifications.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Experience and in-depth knowledge of relevant technologies, development methodologies, and a strong technical mindset
Cybersecurity technical knowledge, for example in cryptography or security architecture
· Ability to solve key technical problems in a team environment
Ability to write reports and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
· Ability to support other team members to develop and develop their skills in area of expertise
Knowledge of an engineering field such as computer science, mathematics or electrical engineering
A related degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
· A formal qualification in cyber security, such as an MSc or professional qualification
· Product Owner or other experience working in Agile
Technical knowledge of security solutions for embedded systems
Experience in a research and development role in an engineering or automotive environment
So why America?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll get opportunities to advance your career with a world-class team, discounted car purchase and lease schemes for you and your family, competitive pension plan membership and Performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role can offer hybrid working opportunities where you can split your time between working at home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement that gives employees more choice and flexibility in how, when and where they work, if appropriate for their role. Further details can be discussed with the hiring manager at the interview stage.
Please be aware that if we receive too much interest we may close this vacancy to applications before the stated deadline. We strongly advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunities for all.
IT job in UK
For more information You can search our IT Jobs Update . We try to provide information about IT jobs to youth. Our vision is to provide equal opportunities for every young person to get a job in the IT sector to further expand the IT job sector in the UK.