A Back-End Engineer is required for a fast-paced startup that is developing a computerized fitting service that provides customers with garment fit ideas. The Back-End Engineer will contribute to the development and enhancement of the current application infrastructure. The company is leveraging existing technologies to develop world-class virtual garment fitting services. This is a fantastic opportunity for developers to work with an innovative company that is generating game-changing ideas.
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Recognize the current application infrastructure and provide improvement suggestions.
- Establish and record best practices and methodologies for app deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- With minimal downtime, migrate the infrastructure to a highly available, scalable one.
- Establish a monitoring stack and methodologies for service capacity planning.
- 3+ years of back-end engineering experience (exceptions may be made based on skill level)
- Knowledge of back-end technologies such as Node.js, Python, PHP, Java, Ruby, and others.
- Understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (LESS and SASS), SQL and SQL server
- Competent in REST API design techniques, session management, and so on.
- Knowledge of automated testing systems and code versioning technologies like Git
- English fluency is required for collaboration with engineering managers.
preferred skills and the ability:
- experience with database administration, scripting, data migration and backup, and authorization.
- expertise in algorithms, data structures, time and space complexity, distributed systems, and so on.
- excellent analytical and interpersonal abilities.