Location: USA Only
Job Nature: Full-Time
Who we are
Before describing the “Application Support Engineer” Remote based job, we will tell you about the company.
AlphaSights is a renowned worldwide knowledge platform that utilizes advanced technology to facilitate swift global knowledge transfer and collaboration among its clients, experts, and employees.
Professionals trust our services in various sectors, such as investment firms, consultancies, corporations, and nonprofits. They rely on us to connect them with knowledgeable domain experts for informed decision-making and business growth. Since our establishment in 2008, AlphaSights has expanded to nine offices worldwide and, day by day is recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies globally.
As an Application Support Engineer at AlphaSights, you have to play the following roles:
Join the Engineering Team at AlphaSights as an Application Support Engineer and play a vital role in ensuring our digital business runs smoothly with minimum downtime.
We need an individual who is self-motivated, proactive, and capable of making an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, you will be responsible for supporting the user experience of our innovative products while continuously enhancing existing technologies.
We believe in giving our employees ownership of their work and expect you to manage your time and responsibilities from day one.
You should have a problem-solving and positive attitude and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You are a creative thinker who enjoys interacting with others and is always eager to improve their work while supporting the wider team as Application Support Engineer.
In this role, you will be able to learn on-the-job and in the classroom, diving into various IT technologies and challenges across different regions.
If you are passionate about IT and ready to take on this exciting challenge, we want you to join our team.
What you’ll do
As an Application Support Engineer, you have to do the followings tasks:
- Troubleshoot and resolve application/software issues reported by end users of proprietary software.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to develop support workflows and optimize support platforms for seamless data sharing between Tech Ops and Engineering.
- Document and verify bugs for escalation and tracking purposes by an Application Support Engineer.
- Conduct proactive testing to identify potential technical issues that may affect users.
- Contribute to and maintain the internal Knowledge Bank used by the tech team.
- Gather and analyze customer insights to bridge users and the Software Engineering/Product Development team.
- Assist Software Engineering on special projects as required.
- Work with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests, and prioritization.
Who you are
To join the AlphaSights for the post of Application Support Engineer, you need the following criteria:
- Possess 1+ years of relevant experience in similar roles such as Customer Support Engineer or User Support, emphasizing software support.
- Display strong technical troubleshooting skills and evident problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Show focus on excellent time management, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials in relevant fields such as Computer Science, Management Information Services, Computer Information Systems, or similar.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and developing environment.
- This position is remote-friendly, and you can choose to work in either of the following domains:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Only if you have or will have a permanent address in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NC, GA, FL, or TX.
- This position’s fixed annual base salary is between $70k – $75k.
- Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- AlphaSights is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer.
How to Apply
If you read all the instructions for the “Application Support Engineer” Fully remote job, click the Apply Now button below and submit your resume!
Stay up-to-date on the latest remote IT support jobs with us.